March 23, 2008

Nyonya Bubur Cha Cha Dessert

This morning when I was in the market suddenly I think of cooking this 'Bubur Cha Cha' dessert. I called it 'Nyonya Bubur Cha Cha' because I replace the sugar with the gula melaka (palm sugar which is originated from Melaka)


Here is the recipe for this yummy dessert ^^

250g sweet potatoes, cut into small diamond shapes
250g yam, cut into small diamond shapes
80g black-eyed beans (peh tau)
some pearl sago

300gm gula melaka
250ml water
3 pandan leaves, knotted

Thin coconut milk :
800gm grated coconut
1500ml boiled water

Method:

Steam the sweet potatoes and yam for 10 minutes until it's soft.
Steep the black-eyed beans for 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. Simmer till tender then rise in cold water and remove any detached skin. Boil the beans till it turn soft.
Put the coconut milk to cook over medium heat with the gula melaka and pandan leaves. Cook till the gula melaka dissolved and add in the pearl sago and cool till it turn transparent. Lastly add in the potatoes, yam and beans.


Ta Daa...here is the Nyonya Bubur Cha Cha ^.^


signature

7 comments:

Hazel said...

hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. mind to exchange link?

kang yong said...

The first sight look on the Nyonya bubur cha cha, my stomach is drumming already. I haven't take my brunch yet . So hungry and so eager to eat it! haha....

TINTIN said...

hahaha,..i still have a lot in my pot..come, come to my house leh?

Kimmy Suzuki said...

Wow!!!!Look so yummy!!!Too bad i didn`t ate it while i`m in PG time!Hm...Miss itlah!!!Make me lao nur liao lo!!!Hahaaa......

Farah Deen said...

that surely looks yummm!!!

bongkersz said...

thanks for the recipe!!!:D should try that out next time.. hehe..

Anonymous said...

WOW, this looks YUMMY!! Must try it!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! ;-)